Rollers, Adams Mill F2411.tif
The rollers can be found on the second floor of the Adam's Mill. They were added to the mill circa 1862. Using an elevator system, coarse wheat was sent down a shoot onto the rollers. There were possibly three sets of rollers. Flour was then sent to the third floor for sifting. In 1887, Levi Bishop replaced the corn buhrs and their heavy stones with the rollers.
4 x 5 Large Format Film