Flora Community Park
In 1919, a group of civic-minded businessmen and professional people in Flora, Indiana, reorganized the Flora Commercial Club to promote the growth and welfare of the community. Charles Reist donated land for the park. More than twenty-five years earlier, Charles T. Minnix of Franklin County, Virginia, came to Flora in 1895 and became the owner of the Flora Artificial Stone Co. Later Mr. Minnix and his partner, John Oaks, became dealers in coal, stone, and cement. He was also a member of the firm Clark and Minnix who were well-known road and bridge contractors. Mr. Minnix was instrumental in building the arch within the park. The Community Park opening was circa 1923.