back to thumbnails

The Old Country

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 3 of 38
< Prev Next >
Wade's Bridge, H3618
Wade’s Bridge, built in 1733, crosses the River Tay at the town of Aberfeldy, Scotland.  It is one of 40 bridges that were built as part General Wade’s quest to secure safe passage between the Highlands and the low country.   The Black Watch Monument stands nearby honoring the regiment of Highlanders that kept watch after the Jacobite rebellion of 1715.